Monday, November 10, 2008

Baby Tag

This tag was really for me to put down just a few fun facts about my pregnancy. I enjoyed being pregnant for the most part but I was not in love with it like some people are.


This was Joe and Me and baby just a week before I delivered.





Maleah


1. Where were you when you first found out you when you found out you were pregnant? In our tiny one bedroom Twin Creek Apartment.

2. Who was with you? Joe and I made him look first, because we had a lot of negatives before that.

3. What was your first reaction? I couldn't believe it. I was super excited and very nervous.

4. What was your husband's reaction? He was even more excited and nervous. He has wanted to be a dad for so long but I wasn't ready before then.

5. Who was the first person you told? More found out- a good friend I was helping move noticed I wasn't my self (I was tried) and she guessed and I couldn't lie. To my knowledge she did a good job keeping it a secret until we told family at Christmas.

6. Was the pregnancy planned? Yes, very much so.

7. Was everyone happy for you? Yes, very happy and excited.
8. What was the sex? Female

9. Did anyone throw a shower for you? My mom and sister, my ward and my sister-in-law and Joe's Aunts (that one was great because it was almost like a family reunion because everyone even the Guys came and just hung out).

10. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use? I few that were the wrong seasons, that I took back because I thought it was a waste knowing I won't use them.

11. How much weight did you gain? 10 lbs. Now don't get mad at me, because I had a lot of extra weight before and I had gestational diabetes that my doctor had me watch very closely and I ate way better and exercised more while pregnant than I did before.

12. Did you get stretch marks? Yes but none right on the front of my tummy.

13. Did you crave anything crazy? Nothing crazy, but I craved CafeRio, JumbaJuice(loaded with sugar hard to control my blood sugar after even a small one) and a pasta dish I made twice a week during the last month.

14. Who or what got on your nerves the most? People just wanting to touch my belly. Some people tried to just come right up to the belly and not even notice it was attached to me. I did let Joe touch my belly most of the time though but it was hard for me.

15. Where were you when you went into labor? At home half asleep.

16. Did you have any complications? No.

17. Did your water break? Yes at home at 3am, I had got up to get a snack and my labor started right after.
18. Who drove you to the hospital? Joe my husband, I did think we could walk because we live across the street, but because we had to go the long way in, and I didn't feel like walking we drove.

19. Did you go early or late? On time, She was due the 12th and had her on the 13th

20. Who was in the room? Joe, Dr Craig, a couple of nurses for me and a couple for the baby. I was sad because the nurses changed over right when I was pushing, so the new one didn't know how everything before went.

21. Did you video tape it? No, but Joe tried to convince me up until we were in the hospital.

22. Did you have any pain medication? An epidural, and it was wonderful.

23. Did you have a c-section or natural? natural

24. What was your reaction to the birth? I was just surprised that it went so well, and cried a little and was just so happy she was finally here.

25. How big was the baby? 6 lbs, 10 oz, 19 inches long

26. Did your husband cry? No, but almost, he just didn't know what to do with the whole thing.




Mom and Maleah just after birth they had her all cleaned up.


Joe and new baby Maleah. He didn't know he could touch her.

7 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

That was fun to read! I didn't know you only gained 10 lbs - that's crazy!

Jared and Delia said...

I love Joe's face in that last picture. It describes how I felt. I was like...okay so what do I do now? How do I hold him?

Good tag. Thanks for sharing.

Adrienne said...

sweet. i remember you told me when you had started trying and I couldn't wait for you to have a baby

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

haha that's fun to read. Oh and I only laugh because I threw up everytime I ate cafe rio even when I was out of the morning sickness stage.

Analei said...

I love your photo shoot pictures! Who took them?

Jamie Bills said...

Kaylyn, I didn't ever see you that pregnant. I love the picture but I am upset that you only gained 10 lbs. :) I exercised everyday and gained 50!

Rachel & Justin said...

I love the pic of you pregnant. Lots of stuff I didn't know too.