There is a lot that I am thankful for this holiday season.
I really love Thanksgiving and try not to just skip over it but enjoy it. Like all the years of Joe and my married life Joe has had to work that day or late the day before and early the day after so we just stay home for Thanksgiving. This year was the same. I have cooked quite a few turkeys in the last couple of years and I have enjoyed doing it most of the time. This year I got an already defrosted turkey (labeled fresh but not really) so the problem of defrosting was already done. I clean, prepared and cooked the turkey and it turned out great and on time. I wish I would have taken a picture but only remembered after it was all cut up. We had my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and Joe's mother all for dinner. It was great and because my mom is a talker it went by great.
The dinner was just a little part of the weekend. As with our life my parents really came up to help on our house because they just can't travel a lot to help out. So on Friday and Saturday we put in a lot of time getting a lot of things cleaned up and done. They were a lot of help, thanks mom and dad for coming and letting us put you to work.We also did some of our Christmas shopping and it is fun with my dad because he really enjoys Christmas shopping. We even got a few good deals and no we didn't go at 5am to get any of them.
I am just so thankful for the blessings that I have received this year. My family has been the biggest and best blessing I have and what a wonderful thing it is too.
2 months ago

1 comment:
That's impressive that you have made so many turkeys! Who knows when my turn is. . . we are always with family.
Post a Comment