Monday, February 16, 2009

True Love



Even though this is a couple of days late of Valentine's Day I still wanted to do a post about my best friend and Husband: JOE.
On the 15th of February seven years ago, Joe and I met on a blind date. My roommate Celeste and her boyfriend Trent set us up and planed the double date. It was nice that it was a double date, that we played a game and ate treats and then watch the Disney movie Atlantis. It was very nice and we had lots more wonderful dates after that. Joe was cute and was just what I needed. We then dated almost a year before we officially got engaged in Dec, then after a long engagement for us we were married in the St.George temple in May 2003. Joe was ready right away for marriage but I was the one that dragged my feet and made us wait as long as we did to get married. It was all worth it in the end.
Two months after we got married we moved to Logan, for me to finish school. We lived in a tiny one bedroom apartment for 3.5 years, then staying in the same complex moved to a two bedroom apartment so we would have room for a new baby. We will be in this apartment for two years by the time we move to our new house.
Now that I covered some of that background stuff, I just wanted to tell Joe about some of his best qualities and why I love him so. First is he is just a great person. He loves people and cares for them. He does what ever he can for me, Maleah, friends and strangers. He has the sweetest spirit and shares it openly. He speaks his mind. He loves me for me and wants to always make me happy. I can go on about him but what it comes down to is that I love him and he loves me and we work at our marriage to make it strong.

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I am so glad you decided to write your story. I really like reading about my friends "love lifes" in the not so gross way. :)

Jared said...

That was so sweet Kaylyn. Jared and I had a long engagement too.

I like what you said - I love him and he loves me and we work at keeping our marriage strong. (Something like that)

No matter what, a good marriage takes work and it is so worth it. :)

Jared said...

P.S. This is Delia...I just commented under Jared's account. Sorry for the mix up.

Jamie Bills said...

Kaylyn, I am so happy that you guys are together. You make a great couple!