Monday, March 30, 2009

We are MOVED!!!

Yes it is official we are in our new house. It has been 9 months in the making and it has finally arrived. So the last couple of weeks has been just a little crazy but wonderful. I started packing and cleaning the apartment which took a lot longer than I hoped. But then again Maleah wanted to play in the boxes or play with the stuff I was putting in boxes. Everything really went well looking back. On the 18th of March we had 2 of the 3 major inspections for our house. I was nervous about getting them done because what if we didn't pass and the next week was going to be fixing things and not easy like we thought. Well there was no need to worry because we passed inspections with no issues at all and that was with all 7 houses. And the 3rd inspection also went really good with lender. It felt good that everything had gone so well. After that we then spent a lot of time cleaning the new house, and I could not believe how dirty it was for being so new. Construction is a dirty job, but very worth all the cleaning.
Thursday was the big day for the open house and getting occupancy. We had friends and family come and people that are in the program looking at colors. Our house was pretty popular but we only had 2 different house plans for people to look at. Our friends come toward the end and Maleah was so excited that her 2 friends had come that she ran around like crazy with them. It was so cute to watch her almost show off her house too. After our open house we then had a meeting about the final things with the house and issues we still need to take care of but it was good information to have. When that was done I stayed at the new house and Joe went to go get Maleah for our friends house. We then spent the night at the house and it was so good to be in our home for the first night.
The next morning we got to painting the kitchen/dinning/family room. A couple of friends came over and another one watched Maleah. We got the painting done really quick and I love the color. We still have more to do later but having that room done is great.
Then in the afternoon we got a different stove deliveried, we got a glass top stove. We also got our new bed and dining table deliveried and it was so exciting because we have been waiting for a couple of weeks for those things too. In the evening we even got four loads deliveried to the new house and plans to get the rest Saturday morning. Thanks to my bro Garth for his truck and his time we got everything moved really quick. Also thanks to everyone else that helped or showed up to help.
And now for pictures








Our group picture. 7 families and 7 house.
Scott(accountant for NNHC), Trent (construction supervisor), Brian & Teri, Jeremy & Jessica, Mandi (Adie), Bobbi & Will, Kim & Kyler, Angie, Kaylyn & Joe

New Stove
New sofa and rug

New table and chairs

9 comments:

Betsy said...

Congratulations you guys! Your house looks beautiful - I am sure it is nice to finally be in it. Enjoy :)

Adrienne said...

looks great. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait until we have one that's really ours.... I'm still to terrified to paint

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see it all put together with your stuff inside. I looks beautiful though!

...will and bobbi... said...

YAY! It feels so weird to be done. I definatly need to come over and see what you have done to the place! That rug is SO cute!

Lindy said...

Your house looks so nice! We'll have to come up and see you guys sometime.

Rachel & Justin said...

Finally! You guys worked so hard. Congrats! It looks really nice.

Shantel said...

We are so excited for you guys! Your house looks wonderful! I hope you guys are able to relax and enjoy it now!

The Byington's said...

Wow! That looks really good! How exciting, to finally be in there, after so much hard work, that you've put into it! Good luck with everything else!

Jamie Bills said...

Your house is beautiful! Hopefully we get to visit you and see it sometime! We are so excited for you guys!