I am so far behind, that we took this trip the first week in May but just getting to post about it.
We first headed to Cedar for a couple of days to visit my family. It was low key. Maleah went to her cousins birthday party. Joe and Maleah visited the sheep and lambs. I skipped this part as I know they will try to get work out of me even big and pregnant. My parents took us out to dinner which was yummy.
The next day we went to church with is always interesting because it is the same ward that I grew up in but doesn't seem the same at all. The faces are the same but my persective is totally different. After we had a special dinner with my two siblings that live in Cedar. They made dutch oven potatoes and steaks. I love those potatoes and was so happy that my mom had thought of it. The only bad part was that it was cold and rainy so we were all inside. It was just an early Mother's day dinner.
On Monday we took a short trip to St. George to visit Joe's Great Uncle Dick and my Murri Grandparents. It was nice weather of coarse. Our visit was short but great. We enjoy being about to catch up on life and visit. While we were there we also took some pictures at the same spot that Joe and I took our engagement pictures 7 years ago. We only got a few good ones because Maleah is not a very patience subject.
Tuesday we head up to Salt Lake to spend time with Joe's family. Beth highlighted, cut and did my hair for me. I love it and really needed a change. I of course didn't get a picture of my very cute hair. Then Joe and I had our anniversary night out without Maleah. She stayed the night with Beth and her cousins. She didn't even cry for us. Joe and I had a night dinner and relaxing time at a hotel. Nothing fancy but worth having time with just the two of us.
Wednesday was our big play day. We got the Salt Lake Connect Pass. We started out at the Discovery Gateway, walked around Clark Planetarium. Then we walked to Temple Square and had lunch at Lion House. It was so much food and was great. We then picked up Joe's dad and headed up the Hogle Zoo. It was a little cold but it was great with the three kids. We were going to do more but were all a little too tried to do more that day.



Thursday we hung out with Beth's family in the morning and then headed home. It wasn't straight home though. We took a side trip to Midway to visit Joe's Grandparents the Young's graves. It has been 6 years since they have passed away and we always enjoy stopping by and remembering them. Then we stopped by my Great Grandparents Winters graves. We then were on the home stretch and got home around 8 pm. It was a long drive but totally worth stopping and remembering.
I am so glad we got a family vacation before baby #2 gets here. We love spending time together and being able to visit with family too. That was our trip and I hope I didn't leave out any major detail.
2 months ago

1 comment:
You guys have really made the rounds! Hmmm...lunch at the Lion House - delish!
Glad you and Joe got to have time to yourselves before the baby comes!
Post a Comment