Thursday, September 9, 2010

August happenings too

August went by just as fast as July. Joe went back to work and I spent the days getting use to having two little girls to take care of. I have adjusted pretty well most days. As a mom I think that is all we can expect of ourselves to get through the days with a little crying, and a whole lot of smiling and playing. Besides Whitley's blessing and Maleah's birthday here are some of the things that went on in the month of August.


Whitley's shirt says it all.

Mommy and the sleeping girls. In the last month I have ending up like this about 10 or more times. It is not my favorite but we usually all get a nap together.
Daddy and the girls. Maleah playing on dad like a jungle gym. This is nothing new either.
Whitley all dressed up. At 2 months old she weighted 10 lbs 8 ozs and 23 inches long. She did really good at her check up but was not a happy camper later that day after her shots. Her favorite things are to be held and rocked, bounced out by your legs, mommy's milk, sister holding her hand and being a little baby girl. She is sleeping like a rockstar, going at the shortest 6 hours but mostly 8 hours a night. It is great to have at least one good sleeper. She loves to be swaddle in a blanket too. She however doesn't like her car seat and hates shopping. She is a very sweet little baby and most of the time patient when she has to be put down.
Maleah showing off her favorite toys her princess dolls, notice Cinderella in hand and Snow White on the ground close by.
Bear Lake day trip. At the last minute our neighbors invited us to go to Bear Lake with them. Joe had to work so it was just us girls that went. We even got to ride with them which was really nice. Maleah loved the sand and hardly played in the water. Whitley slept a lot under the tent. It was really windy all day but nice and warm and fun.
Hanging out under the tent most of the time.
Maleah with Whitley's hat on and climbing on the back of my chair.
Whitley and daddy making faces at each other before church. Daddy makes the best funny faces without even trying. Whitley is now smiling all the time and is such a doll and happy girl.
Maleah had her first day at Preschool at Nibley Elementary and last day at her other preschool class. She loved going to Lil Aggies all month. She has really improved her speech over her time there. Up to 3 has been a wonderful program for her. I have also learned a lot about helping her and getting her to communicate more and more over the last year. We are so thankful to all the wonderful staff that we have met over the year and glad we got to know so many great people.

Riding the bus the second day. The first day it was raining and I forgot to get a picture.
"I'm ready to go, where is the bus." That is so hard for Maleah to get ready and then wait for the bus to show up. She so far loves to ride the bus even though she is sad when she gets on.
That's our month of August. I am now as caught up as I am going to get so hopefully I will stay on top of blogging.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Oh! She looks so big. That is so wonderful that she gets bussed to school.

I love how excited she looks to go.

Adrienne said...

love the pictures. ahhh the memories of having baby number two. can't believe it will be me with the new baby again in a few months