Thursday, July 21, 2011

July happenings

I seem to have a lot of random posts or a bunch of things bunched together. I think it is because that is how my life feels like these days. All bunched together and goes by faster than I want.

At little Addy's birthday party. Little family- Whitley is just not all the way in the opening.

Maleah's favorite thing was playing with the beach balls.

Whitley got in the action too.


Cub Scout Day Camp at Camp Fife

If you don't remember or don't know I have been a Cub Scout leader over the wolf scouts for a 1.5 years. Last year I just had a baby or was about to when they boys went to day camp. So this year I was excited that I could go with them. Here are all the boys lined up for tug-o-war as the morning is getting started. Notice all the t-shirts I helped design and paint. I am sure glad that project is done. I did love how they turned out and we got noticed and it was easier to keep track of the boys in our pack.
Ready-set-go. Did we already say go? Well they were out numbers about 2-1 this time around. Just a great picture.

Since most of you don't care about a ton of pictures of the boys doing all the activities I will just show you a few of me doing the ones the leaders had time to do. Activities the boys did that I don't have pictures of are, craft-leather star, rock wall climbing, nature/knots, BB guns, knife safety/trading post.

Zip Line

BMX bikes, One of the dad's broke a tire when he rode through the coarse.
Archery, I have bad form I know.
Another bonus from going to day camp is Whitley and Maleah spent the day with dad. Thus Whitley dropped two feeding in a week. We are down to morning and night that have been the hardest to try to wean her from. Hopefully she will be all weaned by the middle of August.


Hollyhocks in bloom, aren't they so pretty. I planted them last year from seed and all they did was get bushy but didn't get one flower. This year they are in full bloom and it makes me so happy every time I see them all flowering. Then two days later my daughter and neighbor girls decided to have fun and picked a ton of them. I need to not get attached and also watch them a lot closer when they are playing outside. It made me very mad and Maleah can't play outside today because of it.

Whitley getting some much needed walking practice. Come on already and walk for me. She also just cut her first tooth through the gums. It is out to stay finally. 1 down and many to still come.
FHE on Monday as playing Lasso Golf. If Maleah gets about 6 feet away she is good at getting them on the ladder. Joe and I also played and he won by 2 points. So glad we got the new games for outside the rest of the summer.

1 comment:

Jamie Bills said...

Pretty flowers Kaylyn! That zip line looks like a TON of fun and so do the games outside. I can't believe Whitley just cut her first tooth. Crazy.