Monday, April 20, 2009

Decorating Cents

I am trying to get things organized, finished unpacking and then the fun part decorating. We have been moved in about 3 weeks and I am finally putting things up on the wall. I am so happy to get to do this, but I am still a little nervous about decorating my own house. This is because if I am like family I might keep the same things for many many years. I think I will be better at changing things out but you never know.
Maleah's room was the first room pretty much completely done because I knew what I wanted to to. I also had much of the stuff and only spent an other $4 on the wall flowers.



I was also excited to do something in our family room. What was better was for the wall art and pillows I spent less than $20. It was a fun project and easy. I am also making a few more pillows and something else fun. I now just have to find the time and get motivated again.
Now if any body has any more fun decorating ideas I would love them. I have been trying to do it on a small budget so if they are inexpensive even better.

12 comments:

Kelly A. said...

Cute! Where did you get Maleah's bed?

...will and bobbi... said...

Maleahs' room is so cute! I love the flowers.

Valerie said...

How fun! Maleah's room is so cute with the flowers on the wall.

Shantel said...

Maleah's room turned out So So cute, you did a great job!!!

RM said...

lookin good. I'm just starting too and we've been here for a few months now. I'm also looking for some ideas on the inexpensive side.

Adrienne said...

sorry I think I was signed in under Randy's account. oops

The Shermans said...

Looks great Kaylyn! I especially like the flowers on Maleah's wall.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Cute! I like the wallflowers a lot - where did you get them? I am not good at decorating, so if you want advice I'm not the one to ask. You can help me when I get around to decorating a house. :)

Kaylyn said...

I got the flowers in Maleah's room from Dollar Tree, they are wall stickers that they say will just come off when you are ready to remove them, so it is not permanent.
I got Maleah's bed/crib at Shopko. It was the crib and converts to the daybed and even a full bed head board in the very long run. I made her blanket and stuff before she was born.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I really like how everything turned out. I like the wall thingies in your family room. Very fun!

The Byington's said...

So cute! Let me know how you did the wall art in the family room. I really like it! That's so fun to finally get to decorate =) no more apartments! Yeah!

Forward With Fun and Faith said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE IT!