I have been thinking about doing a post like this for a while now. I have really tried to appreciate and love more things in my life. Not just people but also find more joy in objects around me (no not to be worldly). It is a way for me to be more thankful and thoughtful about everyday life.
Here is my list of things that are lovely and good in my life right now.
1. A good bed. I had never realize what a difference it makes sleeping on a good mattress until we got a new bed when we moved into our house. I sleep a ton better and it is totally more restful sleep too.
2. Dips. I seem to be eating all the time. May be because Maleah snacks all day. I am not the best and having the most healthy snacks either. So I have gotten humus, avocados, ranch and a few others and I dip veggies, crackers or sometimes baked chips in and eat. It fills me up so much faster and keeps me full longer. Maleah even likes some of them and eats more veggies too.
3. Being able to go outside and play. Growing up we didn't live next to anyone especially kids my age, so I never really played outside with neighbors. Now we live in a culdisac and all the kids play outside mostly all day. There are even a few close to Maleah's age. She loves to go out and play. I of course go out with her and it makes our days go by so much faster. Soon we will be able to play on the lawn too and expand the playing area!
4. Gardening. Growing up my parents had a very sad garden. It was mostly sad because we were in charge of watering and weeding it. We were less than motivated to do it. I have now found that it is not really a chore but something to look forward to doing. I set up raised beds and followed a technique called Square Foot Gardening. It takes some work to get it started but once it is going there is not much continued work. Because you don't use your soil you already have it is richer in nutrients and thus should produce more produce in a smaller space and very little weeding. Just pick out the little weeds are you see them, not hard at all.
5. Crafting. I love crafting. Making something that I love and can use. I have made hair bows for Maleah for a while and just made a bunch more. I have done more home decor stuff. I have even tried a few other things, like "I-spy" bags, Maleah doesn't really like it now but I still had fun. I got the idea from Make it and Love it . She has so many fun and cute ideas all the time.
2 months ago

5 comments:
That was a fun post. It is good to sit down and think about the things we have that we really do appreciate. I like how your I spy bag turned out too. Now I just need to finish mine!
Cute bows and decorations!
That garden looks really cool too.
I wish we had neighbor kids to play with
I need to learn to make an I-spy (ours got lost)
I love our raised garden too!
I like this post a lot - thanks for sharing!! :)
Loved this post! Your crafty stuff is so cute!
Post a Comment