Monday, June 15, 2009

Trike

Story behind the story. I have been trying to find a tricycle for Maleah for about a month. I have been trying to find one used and cheap. With no luck. Joe was getting frustrated with my looking. I was trying hard to not get frustrated looking, but was also. So we went shopping!
On Saturday evening, Joe took us shopping for a trike. Maleah really liked the ones with buttons and sound. They had two kinds: Dora and Hot Wheels. Joe liked Dora, and I was not set on getting a pink Dora bike. I am much more practical and know if we have a boy in the future he can't ride a girl bike as easy as a girl can ride a boy bike. I also didn't like the Dora's sounds compared to the Hot Wheels. Maleah didn't care either way. So the one we got was HOT WHEELS. It is really cute. On the drive home Maleah couldn't wait to get to play on it. She almost didn't let us put it together and kept taking the pieces to play with.
She loves it. Her favorite part is to just get on and off it about a hundred times. Hopefully the weather will be good so she can ride it outside with all the neighbor kids. It will be find to teach her how to actually pedal it too.

5 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Yay! I'm glad you finally found one. It looks like a lot of fun! We will have to come play together. Sorry I didn't call you back today. I was at work and then I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get ready for tonight for our Anniversary dinner.

Tannie Datwyler said...

How fun!! I bet she will REALLY enjoy that!

Jared and Delia said...

How fun! I like your practicality.

Maybury said...

The grin on her face is a smile of pure joy! I am glad you found a bike for her!

Adrienne said...

fun. my kids love there bikes. I'm also one who constantly thinks about it the next kid can use stuff we already have. we have collected some girl toys and I try to have some unisex outfits... oh well if we do get a girl she may just wear the boys old clothes with a bow :)