We had a jam packed fun day. I love celebrating this fun unique holiday. Pioneer day is a celebration to remember when the Mormon Pioneers first entered and come to Utah to settle. I have many ancestors that came across the country to settle in Utah. I am so grateful for them. They sacrificed almost everything to come here and find a peaceable place to live and settle. I am truly grateful for them.
Last week Macey's has activities at the store. Maleah and I rode the wagon around the parking lot. She loved looking at the large horses. She wasn't so sure about the bumpy ride though.
Our first activity of the day was the parade. We went with our friends the McAllister. They saved a good spot for us earlier in the day. Luckily it was over cast for most of the day so it was not as hot as it usually is. Then we had just got a beach umbrella and that gave great shade for most of the parade.
Poor Joe then had to go to work. Maleah and I didn't want to spend the whole afternoon sitting around doing nothing. After we dropped him off we drove out to the American West Heritage Center. They have a Pioneer Jubilee and the park is free admission for the day. I always want to go out there and see everything, but I am cheep and don't want to pay. So we took the chance and got to go and see everything and play.
Towards the end we saw the barn. Maleah is drawn to playing in the dirt when ever she can. Even at the parade there was some lose dirt where we were sitting and she went right for it.
Here she is playing in the dirt.
After we come home and rested. I made use tin foil dinners and they were yummy. I do miss having Dutch oven potatoes during this time of year. It was a good substitute though. Then at dusk we went to see the fireworks. Again we met up with the McAllisters. Had fun catching up and talking. I tried to have Maleah play with a sparkler but she was too scared of them. Scott went and picked Joe up from work because he had just gotten off. While they were gone we watched the Space station cross through the sky. It was brighter than a star or airplane and moved fast across the sky. It was cool to see. Then the fireworks. They were really cool. They had some really big ones. It isn't the biggest show but worth going to.
It was a wonderful fun filled day. Thank you to all the pioneers that helped settle this wonderful state. Also to those pioneers that are improving or lives everyday with new and innovative things.

3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast! I miss all the 24th celebrations, in Ohio the 24th of July is just another boring day...what a bummer!
What a fun filled day. I didn't know that the Heritage Center was free yesterday! Sweet deal!
What a fun 24th of July Kaylyn. Our 24th came and went and we didn't even remember to mention it to each other. I guess it goes to show we are not in Utah anymore. :)
Post a Comment