We kept Christmas very low key this year. It was so pleasant and calm. We were all happy and mostly healthy. On Christmas Eve I spent the morning at InstaCare. I was not feeling well and knew nothing would be open on Friday. They suspected I had a kidney infection but didn't know for sure, but gave me a big shot of antibiotics and sent me home to take a weeks worth too. It was not fun but I rather be safe than sorry. I also am not to the point of feeling good being pregnant yet(more in a post later). In the afternoon we window shopped for nothing and delivered a few more Christmas treats to friends and looked at some Christmas lights. That night we opened PJs, read the Christ story and ate leftovers for dinner. No one wanted to cook or clean. We then watched a few movies and went to bed. Maleah of course doesn't go to bed until late and today wasn't any different.
Morning came with Santa's visiting during the night. No one wanted to get up including me. We slept in until 8 am, which is usually the time we get up. Maleah was still really sleepy but she got into opening her presents and ours and playing with her new dolly. She packed all her toys around all day and still is. She is a little pack-rat we call her. She likes to collect things and pack them around.
After present was Breakfast. One of my favorite parts of Christmas morning. Joe got out my new griddle and cooked bacon, sausage, eggs and hash browns. I made my families carmel syrup and sievers.
It was sure yummy and I even ate more for lunch. The rest of the day was just lazy. We watched a few movies and played with Maleah and her new toys. I also cooked a roast in the slow cooker for dinner. Super yummy and easy for dinner. That was our holiday and it was a very relaxed and fun time. Just what we needed too.
2 months ago

1 comment:
So remember how I didn't know what those siever things were? Well I went to Macey's that day and guess what they were giving samples of? I'm hoping you guessed it. Sounds like a fun little Christmas though.
Post a Comment