The Sunday before Christmas we invited Joe's immediate family up for dinner, games and presents for the kids. Christmas Eve and Day are just to crazy for me and I hate packing up presents and traveling on those two days. I am hoping it will be a tradition to have this party before Christmas every year but who knows. I tried planing games and activities but none of them really worked out well. The kids are still a little to little for most games. The brake down of what went on. The family arrived and we talked and got everyone inside. It was still early and I didn't think everyone would be hungry yet, but they were. So Joe got Karaoke for the Wii and while everyone was playing we got dinner ready and ate some snacks. I under estimated how hungry everyone was because the snacks were gone quickly and then everyone still ate lots of the enchiladas and salad we had. After dinner I we got everyone seated and together to finally get a family picture. It is not an easy task with 3 kids under 3 and some adults that don't seem to want their picture taken. It worked out well with the self timer.
After that everyone was a little restless so we opened presents. The kids mostly got the presents from cousins and Grandparents. Maleah was a little pill she understands things are hers but not that she can share and they are not going to take them forever. She wouldn't let anyone touch her new toys. It was hard not to be mad at her. Her cousins got over it but wow she can be very mean and bossy. Then then kids played a little longer and everyone went home. It was a good little party for the little family.
2 months ago

1 comment:
My sister-in-law has a rule that her kids don't have to share their new toys for a week, so it's okay Maleah.
Post a Comment