Thursday, December 23, 2010

December Happenings

This a longer blog post but that is what I get for taking a month to blog about what we have been doing.

Live Nativity

Close by our house they put on a live nativity. I just had to go and take the girls. It is never ideal weather but what do we expect in December. There was snow on the ground and it was raining. So no stroller, just backing the girls around to see everything. Maleah taught me a good lesson that night. After we had gone in the stable once and then gone and seen everything else, she wanted to go in again, and again. I just wanted to go home because we were wet and cold. She wanted to be close to the Baby Jesus. I truly have now focused more on Christ this Christmas. Remembering we want to be in Jesus's presents and be by him. She loves to show everyone our baby Jesus and learn about his story. Thank you dear Maleah for wanting to be close to Him.

Huge Camel
Our family by the full inns. Remember to let him in. Make room for him in our homes all year round.

After we came home we warmed up and made cookies. We don't make sugar cookies much. The only cutters we had were a heart and flower. Maleah didn't care. The next week I bought more because we were in charge of making sugar cookies for the family party later in the month. Maleah loved the dough and cutting them all out.
Little Christmas Party

The 2nd annual Little family Party. I love being able to spend time with family during holidays but it is getting more complicated to do it on Christmas day. So we started to do it the week before. It is great fun for the kids and that is why we do it too. Thanks Little family for a great party.

Maleah and Izaiah waiting to open presents.Decorating holiday Cookies


We know what color sprinkles each one had. They over did most of the sprinkles but they are kids and loved every minute of it. The dads did all the frosting for them.


First major Hair Cut

Maleah has had some trims of little hairs but this was cutting off 2 plus inches of hair. For being 3 years old we needed some thing. She hasn't grown a lot of hair but we wanted to look more girl like than toddler looking. Big thanks to Aunt Beth for cutting her hair.

Getting ready to go.
The first locks to come off.
After playing with her cousins and Grandma Little. I love that is looks more girl like. It really fits her personality too.
Visit to Santa Clause
We have been talking about what we want for Christmas for weeks and also talking about being good so Santa will bring use presents. We have just taken a long time to go sit on his lap. We finally did last night.
Maleah had a good time talking to Santa. He was sweet and even knew about Dora and sang Dora's song a little to her. It was really sweet and cute.

Whitley even sat on Santa's lap with out any crying too.
Of course if we go to the mall we have to play at the little play land. Maleah was just chilling for a moment. I guess she wanted to be the cherry for a moment.

Crafty Christmas

I have been able to do some fun crafts this holiday season too. There are a lot not pictured because I jus didn't take pictures and some are Christmas presents. First was a fun quite book for my cute little nephew. This was a fun project and I hope it gets lots of use too.
I also made some picture calendar for moms and aunt. It was changeling getting all the Birthdays and anniversaries. I just hope I got all of them and all of them correct. To bad I didn't combine them for myself so I have all the birthdays and anniversaries on both sides of the family. I always have January. I worked on an wood tile for my dad. I tried to do a picture of the farm but none worked out so hopefully the picture I picked he likes.

Then my friends has a cricut and I bought vinyl to so some more crafty things with. I still have a lot more projects to do that aren't Christmas related so they also have to wait. We made these simple ornaments with the date and initial. I tried to then put little pictures from the year inside but the opening on the top was to small. But they still turned out really cute, cheap and easy.

We have a lot of great neighbors and friends that we want to say Thank you to and Happy Holidays. On our limited budget it has to be inexpensive. I saw this awesome project on Today's fabulous finds. It was just what I needed. It is a Paint stick you cut up. I hope they all like it. We also gave a bag of microwave popcorn just as an extra treat. There are still a couple that need to go out but I think they are now out of town. Sorry you didn't get yours yet.

Whitley only being 6 months old doesn't need a whole lot but still needs something under the tree and in her stocking. So I took an expensive idea of the tag blanket and used my scraps to make one just for her. Then I also used scraps to make cloth rings. I got that idea a long time ago from Make it and Love it blog. Little Miss is so busy so I hope she gets some enjoyment of her new little presents.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays friends and family. This is truly an amazing time of year. We love everyone and had such a good December and just an other week until the New Year.

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Wow, her haircut made a huge difference! I am impressed!!! Way cute.

Janet said...

Your ornaments look great! Thanks for sharing the link with me. :)

My sister gave a tag blanket to one of my kids as a baby gift and they loved it. It was the perfect size to throw in the diaper bag. I love the colors that you chose on the one that you made, it's very cute! Merry Christmas!

Rebecca said...

You guys have done a lot of fun things this Christmas season! How fun!

Love Maleah's new hair cut!

pawlyandsandy said...

Great Christmas crafs and projects. They all look so cute! I love your creativity!