Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tree is Up

I love putting up the Christmas tree. This year I was way more relaxed then in years past about the Christmas tree. I usually put lights wrapped around each and every branch but this year I only wrapped them around the tree and didn't care as much. I didn't make every branch just prefect. I didn't put each ornament up just right and the ribbon on just right. I thought I want to have fun and not stress about it. I wanted Maleah to help and Joe to help. Well it turned out great and we all had fun even Whitley got involved.

Daddy and Maleah putting the branches up.

Whitley made her way closer and closer and ended up under the tree at one point.

Finished Tree

I love the ornaments on the tree. I remember the years and the people that gave me the ornaments. My Grandma Nelson gave us ornaments every year. Many are from her and I love her and miss her dearly. But I have a part of her with me and I remember her even more when I look at our tree. It is such a special time of year and helping me and my girls remember that is the best part of the season.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Yay...it looks so pretty. Do you have the same nativity as us? It looks like it! We love it.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Your tree looks so good. I think I agree about the whole not stressing over the tree too much. It's fun to do it as a family and let everyone enjoy it.