Sunday, May 22, 2011

Crafting before Disneyland

We are going to Disneyland in a few short weeks. I am totally excited about the trip. One thing that I am not excited for is the price tag. We haven't save like we thought so I know we don't have the $ for everything we might want. I have spent some time looking for money saving tips and tips for traveling with little kids. I also pride myself as being crafty. That being said I also have a lot of crafting supplies that I can use up. I put my skills to the test and come up with some projects that will save us while there.

Project 1: Matching t-shirts. Used my Cricut and SCAL and iron-on t-shirt vinyl to do these. Once I figured out the design I put them together in just an hour or less.

Project 2: Bag for Maleah's Autograph book. I bought the premade bag for $1 and then made a freezer paper stencil and Maleah helped me paint in parts and picked the colors. She had a blast and wants to paint the other side. This might or might not happen.
Project 3: Autograph book. It is really fun to see the characters in Disneyland. Maleah loves the Princesses and the magic. A simple autograph book can run $10 there, so I found one to cover with scrapbook paper and it cost a total of $4 and half was the princess stickers. I also covered it with a page protector that I cut and made fit. Inside I put her name and address in case it gets lost (heard that Disneyland mails things back to you if they are turned into lost and found with addresses in them). Maleah also picked out the paper, castle and princesses. She loves to carry it around in her new bag.
Project 4: Princess crowns. Who wouldn't want one to match the princess dress. These were first thought up for just dress-up at home, put I think they might get packed. I had everything already for this project. I got the pattern from hipposanddinosaurs.blogspot.com . Very cute and easy project for any prince or princess.


My two princesses.
I can't wait to see them, see the magic that is Disney. It will be a great trip. Any comments or ideas for going to a major theme park with little kids would be great. Happy crafting.

4 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I didn't know you were going to disney land. Sounds like a lot of fun. I am kind of jealous. I love your shirts and autograph bag/book. They turned out way cute. As did your princess crowns.

Adrienne said...

great projects. hope the trip goes well. someday we'll take our kids.

Kim and Preston said...

Those crafts look great Kaylyn. Enjoy your time in Disney Land!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm just blog stalking and wasting time. Cute kids!

You might like these tips about Disneyland:

http://vermillionrules.blogspot.com/2011/02/disneyland-on-cheap-take-two.html

Peggy Lund