Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011


As one of the speakers got up in church this Sunday, she said how much most Mother's get depressed on Mother's Day. Why because they compare themselves to other Mother's that in their eye's are prefect. The reality is no mother is prefect and one's trying to be are just never going to achieve it because it doesn't exist in this life. I however feel that I can be the best Mother and mom to my girls that I can be. Being there in my way is a lot better than trying to be someone that I am not. It is not always fun and happy but I am sure glad those moments outweigh the sad or screaming moments. We had our share on Sunday and by bedtime I was glad that both girls went to bed without much fuss. Maleah even wanted to cuddle with me while I nursed Whitley. It was a very sweet moment for me. They both feel asleep cuddled up by me. I love being able to be a mom to my two sweet girls. And thankful that they love me as their mom too.

Sunday evening playing. (I will post a better picture of what we are laying in later)

Easter 2011
Maleah and Mom September 2007

Whitley and Mom July 2010 (picture taken by Delia)


I also just entered my latest creation in the Color your summer contest. I am really excited too. They are also having a lot of fun color your summer posts. Go check them out!!!

Photobucket"

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I don't think the thought of being depressed on Mother's day would even cross my mind... frustrated with my screaming children yes, but I love being a mom too much to be depressed. I love the pictures of you with your girls. And I even more love those moments when the children fall asleep cuddling with you. So sweet.

Tannie Datwyler said...

I love those last two pictures. :)

And I disagree about feeling depressed on Mother's day - I never do. I always feel validated and happy to be a mother. Yes of course there are rough times, but I certainly don't dwell on them on the day that is supposed to be a celebration of motherhood.