Are we ready? yes we are! Are we set? yes we are! Are we ready to explore? YES WE ARE!
Part 1: Our Disneyland family vacation. Driving and Water fun.
More parts to come soon.
Ready in the car to go. We can hardly wait to get our drive behind us.

The first leg of the trip was just to Vegas to stay with a friend over night. They have this fun little park and splash pad by their house. We ate pizza dinner there with the kids and an other friend's family from high school. The kids played and ate while I caught up with some friends I haven't seen in a long time.



The next day we got up and had yummy breakfast (thanks Sally for cooking and letting us stay). And off we went to drive the next leg of the trip and a little closer to Disneyland.
Newport Beach

Maleah was not sure of the water coming and going (waves). She kept her distance after the first time in the water.
As close to the water as I was going to really get with her. Maybe we could have gotten closer.
Whitley wasn't very happy with being put on the sand, especially at first. She got use to it and ended up liking it in the end.
Her first couple of tries building a sand castle. Maleah loved playing in the sand at home so she was in heaven with more sand then she could ever play with.
Maleah and Mom's sand castle. We made a couple. Since giant Maleah kept stepping on them and wanted to build more.
Whitley digging in the sand. She tried to eat a lot of it and had sand on her and in her ears for days. Some of the sand is like glitter and it just doesn't come off easy.
Maleah collecting some seashells. We let her bring only a few back of the 20 or so she found and wanted to bring back.
On the way back from playing at the beach we saw this sign. Just because we are the Little's.
The first night at the hotel. The cousins Z and J come over to visit for a little while. They were watching "Sleeping Beauty". They got to have a lot of cousin play time on the trip.
Now fast forward the next couple of days. I will do a couple more blog posts, since this one is getting really long.On the last day we decided to end a little early at the park and go swimming at the hotel. It was heated and just the right temperature. We also had the pool all to ourselves.
This was Whitley's first time in a pool. She loved it and had a lot of fun in her floaty.
Maleah just checking things out. She loved playing at the pool.
Her favorite thing to do was jump off the side into Dad's arms. She was very daring.Mom and the girls.
We took two day to drive down and two days to drive back. Since Joe and I are not good at driving at night and Whitley hates driving in the dark it was better for us to take our time. On the way home we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Nelson's house for the night and then drove the rest of the way home the next day.
Whitley was entertained by daddy's ipod touch with a fun little baby app. She did great for the most part but needed to be entertained more than Maleah. She did take good naps all four days of the drive. Some things that I thought we would use more but didn't were the DVD player and some of the books. Maleah loved the Toy Story deck of cards she said were a match game and to her it was. The new markers with coloring book. The I spy book I made and added a map with stars and stickers for her. She loved to see where we were and going and stops.
Even though this was our first family vacation, it was our best. It was so worth every penny. I loved being with my family and seeing my girls have fun at every turn of the trip.



1 comment:
I am somewhat jealous. Ok I am really jealous. Looks like you had a fun vacation. Wish I could have been on it with you.
Post a Comment