Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Easter 2012

An Easter Post, is better late than never, right.  We had a very fun and busy weekend.  I love remembering Christ at Easter with out as much noise as Christmas.  So the pictures are out of order but I just don't want to rearrange them.

Saturday morning started early.  We did our 12 Eggs we got last year to remind us of Christ at Easter.  I boiled eggs before breakfast.  We dyed eggs.  Love how the girls are on the counter.  That is one of their favorite places to be when we are in the kitchen.  We only did 8 eggs so not very many.  I then used the left over dye and dyed wood cloths pins.  It worked great, but next time I would take them apart and leave the metal out.  The vinegar corroded the metal so they aren't as nice.


After eggs and Saturday morning cartoons we got ready for the Easter Egg hunts.  First one was at the park down the street.  I am lucky that some of our neighbors came so they watched Maleah so I could help Whitley.  Maleah got a lot of eggs with candy.  Whitley's age group they had little toys and just a little bit of candy and that was a hit with me and her.


Right after we headed up to the Mall for their Egg hunt.  Well there were no plastic eggs just tons of Candy.  Maleah and her friend that we meet there.
The little kids egg hunt was in a closed down store and they had this fun striped wall that looked so fun.  They just wanted to dig into the candy but I made them take a few pictures first.


After that Candy Hunt we went to Home Depot for their kids workshop and built bird feeders.  My girls love building things and using the hammer.  Maleah is getting really good and usualy doesn't even need help with the nails once they are started.  We then visited Dad who was working, planted some seeds in the garden center.  We had some lunch and played and got everything ready for Sunday.
Sunday morning pictures are after these few. 
After church we headed to SLC to Joe's family get together.  We eat yummy bbq and potato salad.  After the kids got to go hunt for more eggs.  I spent a lot of time finding non-candy or food for this egg hunt since one of her cousins can't have much candy.  Then the sister in law did almost all candy.  I was a little bumed because most of the chocolate melted, it was hot, and I thought she wasn't doing candy either.  The kids didn't care and had fun searching and collecting eggs.


All the  kids on the little side of the family.

The kids with Grandma Little
We had a great time with Joe's family, letting the cousins play together and Celebrating Easter.

Now back to Sunday Morning.  The grils woke up bright and early so we had enough time for our own egg hunt, baskets, candy and special ebevsiker breakfast all before church.
A little early but she was so excited for Robin Eggs that you can use to put on lipstick.

Whitley not so sure this is fun but she hadn't got her candy yet.

I think the girls woke up enough to realize Easter is fun!

All dressed in our new Sunday Dresses!!


Then we were off to church and then to SLC after church was over.  It was a fabulous fun filled weekend.  I love Easter and Spring time for the renewal and new life it reminds me of.

No comments: