Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Anniversary to My best Friend!

To my sweet husband,
Today is our 6th Wedding Anniversary. What 6 years it has been. We have been through a lot and both grown a ton. Then I thought I was one very lucky woman to marry such a wonderful man that has always treated me as his queen. Now I still think that same way. You let me have my way a lot and you get your way a lot less. I just can't believe that you could love someone so much more than I did 6 years ago on our wedding day. I know that you are the person that I want to be with for all eternity. I can truly say you are my best friend.
I love you
Your sweet wife.

Taken up Logan Canyon in Fall 2006

Now some fun things about what we did to celebrate our great day.
On Saturday we did a ton and I mean a ton of yard work. We still didn't get everything done we wanted to. It is great to get to work together.
We put together shelves for the garage we bought a couple of weeks ago. Joe really was excite to get them put together and our stuff more organized.
Then we got ready to go to the temple (we try to do sealings the week of our anniversary). I then couldn't find my recommend any where. We searched the house over 3 times. I was so sad that I couldn't find it and we couldn't go.
So we didn't go to the temple then dinner like we planned. We left Maleah with Liz and just went to dinner at Olive Garden. It was early in the evening so it was not busy and we got our food really fast. Joe even gave me a sweet card at dinner. We talked about what has been good and bad over the last year.
Then we went to get our gifts. Joe got PunchOut for the Wii. I got some glass containers for flour and sugar, and flowers but not just any flowers these were flowers for my flower beds that were looking very empty. I even got them planted after a quick rain storm that evening.
We then picked up our beautiful daughter. Thanks Liz for watching her.
Then we got back to work with the last of leveling the front yard and hauling off rocks. It is not perfect but once there is grass growing I don't think anyone will be able to tell. I know that was the best we could do.
Sunday our actual day: Joe cooked breakfast of eggs and waffles. It was great.
We then just hung out till lunch and then we ate yummy leftovers.
Got ready for church. Went to church. Which they talked about strengthening marriage an family in every class. It was very fitting for the day.
After I then met with the bishop to get my recommend renewed(it expired on Monday and I lost it).
After church we both made dinner. Joe grilled pork chops and baked brownies in the oven. I made the mashed potatoes and green beans. It was delish.
Now we are just going to hung out for the evening and try to put Maleah to bed before 10 pm her usual bedtime.
Happy Anniversary Joe

3 comments:

Kelly A. said...

Happy anniversary you two!! What sweet things to say about your spouse!

Kaylyn, sorry to be a pest and ask again, but do you still have that website you gave me that you and Liz used to make bows? I lost it and would love to have it again :) Thanks a million!!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh Happy Anniversary!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful celebration. It's amazing how things change over 6 years.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I can't believe you have been married for SIX years! Wow. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening spending time together. We are glad we got to play with Maleah and we are also glad you guys (or should I say girls) got to come play with us tonight. It was fun.