Maleah and I headed out at about 2 am Monday morning. We had a 9 hour drive a head of us and I didn't want to have to entertain Maleah while driving by myself. It was a nice drive through Wyoming even though most think it is a boring drive. We got to my sister, Marianne's house in Northwest WY around lunch time. We then spent time just hanging out and catching up. It had been about a year since we had spent a lot of time together.
Tuesday we took a shopping trip to the town just north. It is a cute little town. The story from that day is when we were at the grocery story both Maleah and the new baby, McRae, had a huge melt down. Nothing that I could do would clam Maleah down. I then had to take her out of the store to get her to calm down. I have never had such a brake down in a store again. That night Dallan made wonderful salmon. I usually don't like fish but it was great.
Wednesday we spent the day at the house. Maleah had a great time everyday with their dog Tuff. He is a very sweet and clam dog. They always said that were going to get him a pet kid and Maleah filled that position for a week. Then Marianne and I made great won tons. It was fun cooking with her. Maleah even got into it and ate several raw won ton wrappers.
Thursday we went to lunch and walked around the little downtown. We ate at a nice sandwich shop, and we showed off the baby. He of coarse was the most popular. Maleah also got lots of smiles and waves being cute and eating a sticky candy. That night I volunteered to watch both babies and let them go to dinner. McRae was sleepy almost the whole night. Maleah on the other hand wanted to just go outside in the cold and wind. Of coarse I couldn't take them both outside. So Maleah screamed and finally fell asleep. They had a great night out of the house alone. I even survived having two little babies for a couple of hours. Every time I held the baby Maleah threw a fit and she wanted nothing to do with me holding a baby. After a couple a minutes she would clam down and let me hold him without problems but she checked in a lot to make sure he wasn't taking her place. Maleah is very spoiled as in terms of being held by me. She is sweet but wants her time being held by me or her dad.
Friday we then just spent time at home, and I went and ran a few errands to get ready to leave the next morning. We had a great time spending the week together. At first I though we would only last a couple days together but it was a wonderful week together. She is a great new mom and she will be a great mom.
2 months ago

3 comments:
That does sound like a fun weekend!! How is Maleah doing? Have you been able to wean her? How are you doing? Do you like your new house? You should have a housewarming party. :)
I'm glad you got to spend time with your sister- even if it did mean you couldn't go to the zoo with me. :) Sounds like a fun week. I really want a vacation...
I am glad you got to have a little "get away." Sounds like you had fun.
Owen as super jealous too until he was about 2 1/2.
How is the weaning going?
Post a Comment