Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nothing important expect life


I wanted to post for a while but nothing important seems to be going on except life. So I will post about all the small stuff that has been going on.
Maleah is finally weaned from nursing. It has been hard and a long time coming. I guess when she was born and it all started it did seem like it would be so hard to stop. My mom said that all her children stopped on their own, so I thought she will just stop herself. It was not true with Maleah. It was a challenge for both of us. We still try to have cuddle time and special time together but it doesn't seem the same for either of us. I will miss that special bond but so glad that we had it. I am so glad that I could nurse her and nurse her for as long as I did. I know it gave both of us a special bond that I hope will continue but in a different way.
Next is we have 2 of 5 trees planted. We bought them a couple of weeks ago but didn't seem to have the time or energy to plant them. But Joe prevailed at digging up the rocks to make the holes big enough to get some of them planted. We now have to wait for the fence to be in to get the others put in the back yard.
We have also got the foundation of our house plastered. It is pure a how it looks thing that we had to do, but we have ours done!! It was a lot of hard work to dig around it, grind off high spots, then put on the plaster. We luckily worked with three of the neighbors to do theirs and ours together. It would have taken forever for just Joe and I to do it. I am just glad that we can get started with more landscaping now that it is done.
While I was gone in WY Joe bought a Wii. We had talked about it for a long time and even that week talked about it. No it wasn't a suprise when I got home. He has been wanting one and so this is his anniversay present. I know so romatice. We do love to play together. We are having a lot of fun together. Maleah on the other hand doesn't always like us to play but will usually put up with it for a game or so. Joe is still working in Brigham City Wal-mart for a little longer. The worse part of him working down there is I have been car less. His scooter is not starting and we haven't been able to take it to get fixed. So I have not been able to go as many places as I would like. Now that it is warm outside it doesn't bother me as much as when it was cold and rainy.
I am still having a good time being at home with Maleah. She is really a joyful little girl. She is getting a few more teeth and I just hope they will all come in so was can stop teething already. She is also starting to talk a little more. She always gabs but now we can understand a few more things. She is getting really good at "bye", "dog", "iwant" and "ba"(whice is ball, food, milk, books and toys). I am hoping now she will pick up more and more words now that she seems like she wants to talk more. I am slowly also getting more decorations up and more things in order. I love having the space to put things in their place and not have to mess with everything else to get to what you need.

3 comments:

Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm so glad that nursing thing worked out. That is HARD! I think I'm going to have a harder time giving it up with Linus than I did with Claire, probably because we aren't thinking of having another baby until he is a bit older. With Claire I knew that we wanted another one when she was around 2.

It sounds like you are BUSY! But keeping busy is really good. That's a bum deal about the car though. You'll have to come and play with Liz, Maddison, and my kids when you get transportation.

Adrienne said...

sounds like she's at a cute stage

Jared and Delia said...

Yay for a Wii! Jared really wants one too. We are going to wait but I don't know for how much longer :).

I LOVE that wall decoration above your bed. I bet you made that you crafty girl!

Is Joe going to switch to the new Walmart in Providence when that is done being built?