This was a long but very good trip. My sister Marianne invited the family that wanted to come to her house in Eastern Wyoming for Thanksgiving. The original plan was I was going to drive with my brother Garth and his wife Stef with Maleah. Stef didn't get the days off work so they couldn't go. So the new plan was my parents were planing on going so Maleah and I would go with them.
On Tuesday they drove from Cedar to stay the night. I cooked dinner and had the parents and Garth and Stef for dinner too. We also went Christmas shopping that night. My parents love Christmas and we got our Christmas presents. The next morning we loaded up and started the drive to WY. Maleah was a trooper most of the time. My parents are not used to her fussiness and crying so they would look at it differently. We only had one short nap for the nine hour drive but overall it was smooth. We got to Marianne's about dark. We had a little pizza and then we went and played games and had treats at the church. Maleah quickly found a few little girls to run around the gym with. I think she might have been the ring leader but she followed as much as she lead. I even won at Sorry.
Thanksgiving day was enjoyable. Dallan and Marianne did all the cooking and prepping. I helped a little but that is all I did. Dinner was wonderful. Maleah loved playing with their dog Tuff and son McRae. McRae on the other hand doesn't like Maleah's scream or cry and so they set each other off a lot.
After we ate our lunch of leftovers. It was also very good the second day too. We then drove to see Crazy Horse which is another sculpture they are making out of the granite mounts but they only have the Indian's head done. It is also impressive but we didn't go close to that one.
On the way back to Marianne's we also drove though the town of Sturgis, SD. It is a pretty dead town I guess except for the couple weeks during the summer when they have the motorcycle rallies. We also drove up to see Devil's Tower. It is a big rock formation sticking up out of no where. We got there late so we were lazy and didn't go exploring there either. I think we were all fine with not going walking around.
The next morning Saturday we again loaded up and drove back to Logan. I tried driving but the half hour I was driving Maleah cried. She didn't like the fact I was in front and Grandma was so close. The drive home was uneventful but that is nice to report too because they said there could be storms but we missed them. So thank you Mom and Dad for a great trip and great Thanksgiving.

4 comments:
Sounds like you had a fun holiday. I'm glad you still got to go.
What a nice Thanksgiving to get out and enjoy nature.
Beautiful pictures! And it sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving.
What a fun Thanksgiving! I would love to see Mt Rushmore, how awesome that you were able to go there with your family.
Post a Comment