Monday, April 12, 2010

Baby Animal Days

We have lived in Cache Valley for over 6 years and this is our first year to go out to Baby Animal Days at the American West Heritage Center. On Wednesday we went to story time like usual their. It was the start of Baby Animal Days with just the baby farm animals. We go out their almost weekly so we decided to spend the extra money and get a membership. Of course I forgot the camera. At story time the brought up a pigmy goat for all the kids to pet. Maleah was hooked right away. She was so excited to go see the others. It was not very busy either. She got to hold them without waiting long. We also rode the pony, train and wagon. It was a good day to see everything without the crowd.

One problem going on Wednesday was we would miss the bears. Joe had Saturday off and because we had the membership we decided to go again on Saturday morning. It was crazy busy even at 10 am. I remembered the camera today.

Maleah's favorite animals to pet are still the pigmy goats. She loves to go in their big pin and chase them and pet them. She could spend an hour just there if we let her.



This time we by passed the lines for the pony and some of the animals, but waited for the train. Grandpa Nelson will want to take this ride when they come up this summer.

On the train ready to go. Joe had funny faces in all the pictures I have.
Here is one of the baby bears. They were so cute. Maleah and Joe both wanted to pet them really bad but to bad they just had to look and watch. We actually got to see both the brown bears and the black bear cubs they had.

Waiting for the wagon ride. It was really nice weather but we still needed jackets.
It was such a fun day two days walking around and seeing everything. Maleah even got to go get candy from the candy cannon before we left on Saturday. She did really well for herself too.

3 comments:

Delia said...

Yay a baby bear picture. I have been so curious about those and you are the first one I have seen post a picture of the bears.Glad you got to go and have fun!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Too bad you didn't go later... we may have been able to see eachother. It really was fun. I was glad we got to go... especially since I didn't have to pay :) I LoVe Maleah's shirt.

The Byington's said...

That sounds so fun, I debated on going up to go or not. Now I wish I would have, Cole would have loved it. Maleah really looked like she enjoyed it! You look so cute pregnant! Hope all is going well still!