Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Productive Weekend

Joe had the weekend off and there have been a lot of projects on our To Do List around the house. We were worried the weather wouldn't cooperate on Friday but was much better on Saturday.
The TO DO List
1- cement blocks under the basketball hoop
2- place for garbage cans
3- 4th garden box
4- Strawberry patch
5- clean out the garage

On Friday we spent time trying to find the best price on the cement blocks or pavers. The best price was at Lowe's for the 8 inch by 16 inch gray blocks. I had figured out exactly how many we would need too. So when the weather wasn't as bad we marked out the spots for the hoop and the cans. Then we started digging out the grass. We spent a lot of time last year getting it to grow so it was a little hard to dig it up. In the long run it is totally worth it. Then we spent our money at Lowe's getting what we needed. That night we got the hoop part done and it moved off the driveway. I am so glad that I don't have to backup around it anymore. It has been a pain.

Cute Maleah getting ready Saturday morning to go spend the day outside.

This is the spot all dug out for the garbage cans.


Finished with cans in place.


Finished with cans removed to show our handy work or more of Joe's handwork than mine.

We then got the garden box done. Next was the Strawberry box. It was a little challanging because we were growing weeds and not very much grass where I wanted to put it. Already this early we had to dig out weeds. But we got it all put in and I bought the bare root Tri-star strawberries that evening. Below is Maleah playing in the Vermiculite with her shoe. She also helped mix the soil mix and add it, but this is when we were trying to get everything cleaned up.
Joe also got the garage cleaned out with very little help from me. I was so tried and done so early in the day.

Now we just need to plant the garden and keep up on mowing the lawn and planting flowers and plants in the front yard. I love making our house beautiful and creating spaces for things. I love our house and continuation making it more like home.

1 comment:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

So when I opened your blog Maddie saw the picture of Maleah in her hat and said, "oh look at her hat, it is so cute. I love it so much." It made me giggle. I am super impressed though with all your projects.