I have and have had many wonderful women in my life. I got to visit with several of them last week and was reminded of how much I need them and love them. I was going to add pictures to this blog post but my computer is doing funny things right now.
First off is my mom, Ann. She has done so much for me and I can't even name everything. She has taught me to be creative even though she doesn't think she is. She creates beautiful rugs and dish towels using a loam. I don't have the desire to do that but like to create in my own way. She also taught me to sew. My sewing skills aren't the best and will probably not be as good as hers but I try. I love my mom and love spending time with her.
Next was my mother-in-law, Marcie. She is very sweet. The grandkids love her and love to play with her when ever she is around. I am glad that she can have that special place with Maleah. She also helped raise Joe and he is just a wonderful man.
I also got to visit with my Grandma Hilda Murri. She and my granddad are still living on their own and have been married 60 + years. I admire her and all that she has done in her life. I admire their marriage and look forward to having a marriage and life as full as hers.
The next few are gone from this world but their influnces are still there. My Grandma Mary May was a very special women in my life. She has now been gone for 6 years and it has gone by so fast. She always had time for us and tried to do what ever she could for us. During the summer especially we would stop by her house after moving sprinklers on the farm and get a drink of water and usually a popsicle too. She was a window for my whole life but that didn't stop her from traveling, working and keeping her family close. I always remember her Christmas parties and loved even the simple get togethers. I miss her deeply.
The next special woman was Great Grandma Winters (Mary May' mom). She took my dad in when he was a toddler because of allergies problems and needed a different place to live. My dad always looked after her and grandpa when we were growing up. I loved visiting them and telling them all my stories. She also had a very special place for my dad which made him more caring. They are both buried in a small cemetery in Hennifer and when were able to stop by and pay respects and put flowers there.
One last one to put here today is Joe's Grandma Erla. Joe went and lived with him when he was a teenager. The hardest time to raise a child. They taught him and made sure he was doing what was right. Joe was very blest to be able to live with them and have their influence in his life. Joe and I met after his mission when he was living with them, so I am thankful for that. She was a great artist and it is so nice to have her books and paintings in our house. She was so very special and I wish we still had more time with them. We were also able to stop by their graves on our way home from our trip to remember them.
2 months ago

2 comments:
Aren't mothers great? I love hearing about all the wonderful women in my friends life. It's fun to see also where people get some of their special talents. These women all sound wonderful.
Kaylyn...I would love to. I have girl's camp at the end of June but you probably don't want pictures right after I am assuming. Early and mid-July should be great though!
Post a Comment