Sunday, October 31, 2010

Whitley is four months old

In reality I tried to get this post done at the first of the week but with no luck and a pretty crazy week. Good thing is I am getting it done now before I forget what I want to say.

Whitley is four months old or so in all the pictures. In the top one we were ready for church and she was so cute but not happy about me putting her down. She also had on these cute little shoes but they kept falling off before church so they got left at home. Soon they will be too small I fell and I will be sad she didn't wear them enough. So is the life of a growing baby.

Whitley at her 4 month appointment was 12 lbs 7 ozs and 25 inches long. She is in the lower percentages but that is normal for my girls. Doctor gave her an once over and said she looked wonderful.

Then the moment to dread was the immunizations. The nurse was pretty quick and Whitley did okay. She was hungry by this time so we were in a hurry to be done and get home. On the way home the nurse called and said they had only given her the saline solution for one of the 3 shoots and not the actual Hib vaccine. Are you kidding me? I have to go back and get that shoot again. Well not on Monday because they were closing by that time when they called. Well Tuesday was a stormy day and Whitley didn't do well and ran a fever and was not a happy baby so we didn't get in on Tuesday. So finally on Wednesday I took her in to get the shoot correctly. I am very glad they caught their mistake but I sure wasn't happy to take her back in and Whitley was not happy to get another shoot. I totally believe in vaccines and protecting my kids but it sure can be hard in the moment.

On to some happier moments and milestones for little Miss Whitley! Her favorite thing that she does all the time is study her left hand. She looks and looks at it all the time. Really it is only her left hand too. Maybe she is missing a ring. As the doctor said when she was born she needs some jewelry. Not so fast baby girl but it is still very sweet. See the picture to see what I am talking about.

Next big thing is she has rolled over from her tummy to back. It is not consistent but she has about three times. She is working on going the other way too. She can move herself around a little too. Whitley also loves to sit up and see everything. She much rather sit up when she is being held than lay down and cuddle. She still spits up a ton. Enough to go through several burp cloths a day some times. She is usually not fussy with the spit up so the doctor and I am not worried. Over all she is a very happy baby. She loves to be around us and see us. Whitley has also started to be vocal. She cozes and jabbers and giggles and cries of course. I have a video but it didn't down load so you will have to take my word that it is supper cute to hear her.

She is such an angel and so happy to help her on her way. We love you Whitley.

No comments: