Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thanksgiving

Not many pictures but a couple of stories to save and share.
Of course Joe had to work the day/night before and the night of Thanksgiving so we hosted Thanksgiving at our house. My sister Marianne, son and dog got to come and stay for several days too. We always have a good time when we get together and this year was the same except for Friday when Marianne was sick.
Maleah and McRae coloring and playing really well together the whole time.
We started cooking on Wednesday with pecan pie that the crust cracked and the filling baked on the bottom of the pan. It was good but hard to get out of the pie plate. Thursday morning we cooked everything else. My new favorite way to make turkey is to have the butcher cut it up like you get chicken parts. It cooks evenly and juicy both times we have tried it. America's Test Kitchen has a good recipe called something like "Who said you have to cook a Turkey whole". Joe's Mom and sister also came up to enjoy the meal with us. It was a great dinner.
Two of the kids couldn't wait any longer and really wouldn't eat dinner anyways and had cereal.
I went to get a computer at Midnight on Friday. I was crazy and might never do it again but we opened it early and I love it. We nursed Marianne on Friday day. Saturday we went out shopping and I have to say it was not busy at all. Very quiet compared to other times.
Last the kids playing with a new/used play kitchen. Poor Whitley could not even get close to play with it, with the older two playing with it.
Happy very late Thanksgiving. I was so happy that Marianne could come and be with us.

No comments: