Friday, December 9, 2011

Tree and visit to Santa

Christmas Ornaments from Grandma and Grandpa Nelson. I let them open them up to put on the tree for the whole season. Lets say the girls almost love them too much and want to play with them and not just leave them on the Christmas tree.
Princess Belle for Maleah
Minnie Mouse for Whitley
Now a fun story about putting up the Christmas tree. The fake tree we have is going on 9 years old. I don't like it much but know next year I want to replace it and get one pre-lite. We get it fluffed, get the lights on and start decorating it. The tree starts to lean and then one of the legs on the base brakes. We try without effect to just rig it so it works for the month but it is a gonner. Joe then says we should get a new one anyways. So off to the store we go. I know I seen one I liked at Lowes so off to the other end of town. Find it and it isn't a great deal but ok. Joe grabs one and we play for it. Get it out to the car and in some how and I look at the box closer and it is colored lights not clear. We then have to unload the tree and the girls and exchange it for the right one. Needless to say Joe was not happy about switching it. Luckly we at lest caught the problem before we got all the way home.
Then at home we had to take apart the old tree and get the new one set up. I was so happy to not have to string lights on the new one. Then we got it all decorated and pretty. Sucked to put two trees up but glad I got a new pre-lite tree now.
The next week: Girls playing at the mall before visiting Santa.
Maleah loved to sit on Santa's lap. Because there was no one in line before or after us she got to talk with him for a couple of minutes. She told him she was being good and wanted a Dora doll and doll house.
No way was Whitley getting any closer to Santa then safely in Dad's arms. Since she is only 1, I still have hope in many years to come getting her to sit on Santa's lap.
Whitley loves the little chairs and reading to herself. She will sit for a quick story on my lap but prefers to look at books on her own.
I have seen a few of these fun photos of the kids playing with the lights and tryied it out. They really didn't get into it but here was the best one.

No comments: