I have wanted to put Maleah in dance since I knew she was a little girl while I was pregnant with her. I love to dance and started when I was just 3. Money was tight and so I waited. But this winter I knew I could make it work to put her in dance class. It is just a little studio but the teacher was a neighbor of ours and the director was nice and I loved her statement about dance and teaching little girls. If you remember her first class was in January. Some days she really didn't want to go but once she was dancing just loved it. She loved her songs that she was dancing to and was just so excited.
They had lots of extra practices and she was getting her dances down so well. She was ready to be on stage even though I don't think she really understood until they had their final practice on stage.
Here is Maleah waiting for the review to start.
The last pose of their The Flower Dance.
Maleah on stage waiting for their first dance to start. On both of their two dances the music stopped a couple of seconds into it. The girls didn't even skip a beat and once it was back on just started to dance again.
Their second dance was a combined of all the 3-4 year old classes. It was the Dance of the Fairy's. Maleah in the second to the right with the bright pink fairy costume.
Maleah is the middle fairy.
Maleah really did know most of both of her dances. She smiled and did her moves. She is such a sweet little girl and dancer. I am so lucky that we could put her in dance and share that together. I am sure a very proud momma to see her up on stage and really shine.

2 comments:
So cute! Good job Maleah!
Oh what fun. She looks darling! I too would love to put Maddie in dance, it's just not going to happen any time too soon... I'm glad Maleah enjoys it though. So fun.
Post a Comment