Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wafer cookie house


Well I have a lot of catch up on but with our early Christmas present to ourselves of a new computer I might actually get my blog updates. For now I will start with what we did last night.
Last week my parents sent us a Christmas package to open before Christmas. Inside I come to find the makings of a wafer cookie house ready to go. I haven't made one in years but growing up we made one almost every year. It was a lot of fun and was a great tradition. Mondays are always a little busy and not quiet enough time so we made it last night.
From info from my little brother I knew I needed a couple more packages and the door so I already had that stuff on hand. And off we went to build the house and complete with Christmas
music that Whitley loved to pause and restart.
Maleah helped frost about 10 cookies out of the about 100 all together. Later she made her own little stack of cookies. She also helped but in tooth picks to help hold the house together. And no dad I should have used more but didn't think it was necessary and I didn't use as much frosting as you liked either. I like my house a little less messy.
About half was there. The window was going in very nicely and the walls weren't falling down.
Here with my two best helpers and our completed house. Complete with a light inside with tree and toys. Light outside with Santa and the caroler. Maleah loved to spread the snow outside too. Wish I had enough salt in our house to use that and not sugar like Grandma Nelson did. The house is up high so I don't think to many little hands will try to eat all the sugar snow.
Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Nelson for helping us with the cookies and decorations for our cookie house. The girls and I had a great time building our house for Christmas.

2 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

What a fun idea. We might just have to try that sometime. It turned out super cute!

Tannie Datwyler said...

CUTE house. LOVE that idea. I've never done that - we always do real gingerbread... but that's only because Richard's so darn talented. If not for him, we'd be doing graham cracker houses. :)